I’ve been tempted to make pizza crust in the past but never have until now, gluten-free or otherwise. For whatever reason I thought while I was taking a bubble bath today to make a gluten free crust and have a relatively healthy version of pizza. I’ve had friends make pizza in the past and I’ve always been curious about it but I figured if I was ever given the power to make pizza at home it would lead to not very good things, such as eating pizza all the time. This makes an individually sized pizza crust about 12in in diameter. If you’d like a large size pizza then double this recipe. I found it actually very easy and fun to do. Enjoy!
1 and 1/8 cups almond flour (Get it on Amazon here)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients and mix together to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and transfer it to a parchment paper lined work surface. Top with another piece of parchment paper and roll the dough about 1/4″ thick. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and put the crust, with its bottom parchment, onto a prepared pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges have started to crisp and the crust has started to brown all over.
- Top the partially baked crust with your desired toppings, and return it to the oven. Bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, until any cheese has melted and the edges are golden brown.
- If you like browned cheese, broil the pizza for 1 to 2 minutes after baking.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and let it cool for a few minutes; 2 to 3 should work fine. Slice it with a pizza cutter, and top with a sprinkle of grated cheese before serving, if desired.
Need almond flour? Order from Amazon and have it delivered to your door! (Link takes you to Amazon)
Almond Flour Blanched (2lb) by Anthony’s, Batch Tested Gluten-Free